January 24, 2024
As business owners, people managers, and CEOs, we often overlook the significant impact company culture has on our leadership experience. It’s important to realize that culture is not just about creating a fun workplace (though we’re all about making work fun if that’s your vibe!); it’s crucial in fostering productivity and ensuring the collective success of your team, which directly influences the success of your business.
So, how do you ensure that every new addition to your team not only understands but also integrates well into your company’s culture, especially when you’re not in a face-to-face environment?
Let’s talk about it! In this week’s episode, we’re honing in on culture-driven onboarding processes, discussing strategies to ensure new team members seamlessly integrate into your team’s dynamics and culture. This process starts wayyy before their first day of work, and it’s about soooo much more than paperwork.
We’re talking through cultural touchpoints to consider during four stages of a culture-driven onboarding process: the pre-hire or candidacy process, orientation, acclimation to your team, company, and systems, as well as training and development.
We’ll also dive into:
- The impact of your onboarding process on the overall culture of your company.
- Understanding when onboarding starts and ends.
- Strategies to prepare your company and team for a new employee, optimizing their success through a culture-driven onboarding process.
- Debunking common myths about what is permissible to ask during an interview.
- A universal cultural element we recommend for every organization, regardless of the rest of your culture.